Articles, presentations and scientific papers
We produce regular publications in a variety of formats and give presentations to a wide audience as part of our commitment to regular contact with scheme participants.
All formal publications, presentations and scientific papers produced by the BSMS are in this section.
We contribute to publications, which examine issues in blood inventory management.
- British Blood Transfusion Society - Bloodlines magazine - Issue 135, July 2020 (PDF 45KB)
- International Society of Blood Transfusion - Transfusion Today magazine - March 2019 (PDF 133KB)
- British Blood Transfusion Society - Bloodlines magazine - January 2019 (PDF 1MB)
- Institute of Biomedical Science - The Biomedical Scientist journal - December 2018 (PDF 587KB)
Posters and Presentations
Various posters the BSMS has presented at national and international meetings including at British Blood Transfusion Society (BBTS) meetings.
- Red cell stock management - using data to guide red cell stock change (PDF 413KB)
- Using Blood Stocks Management Scheme data to change practice - BBTS, Brighton 2018 (PDF 194KB)
- Where do A D negative platelets go? - BBTS, Glasgow 2017 (PDF 238KB)
- Where do all the O D negative red cells go? - BBTS, Harrogate 2016 (PDF 707KB)
- How much blood is in the supply chain? - BBTS, Glasgow 2011 (PDF 77KB)
- A new method for calculating platelet usage categories in the BSMS - BBTS, Glasgow 2011 (PDF 65KB)
- Reduction of wastage in the blood supply chain by sharing stock - BBTS, Glasgow 2011 (PDF 136KB)
- BSMS Information for Transfusion Practitioners (March 2021) (PDF 302KB)
- Case Study: United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust (ULHT) BSMS Inventory Management. November 2020 (PDF 528KB)
- (COVID-19): Hospital inventory management (PDF 152KB)
- Using the Issuable Stock index (PDF 667KB)
- O D negative red cell learning points – BSMS Roadshow 2018 (PDF 220KB)